Fixed Fee Divorce & Ending a Civil Partnership

Many clients are finding that they are not eligible for public funding (legal aid) and are struggling to pay Solicitors costs.  At Newbolds we can either offer you a simple installment plan or alternatively our fixed fee divorce package.

Our specialist divorce department offers a number of fixed fee divorce packages for you.

We run a free family legal surgery every Wednesday in our Cwmbran Office between 1-5pm. Why not pop in for a chat with our experienced Family solicitor.

Our Fixed Fee Divorce Packages are designed to provide a cost effective solution to the divorce procedure. We may not be the cheapest package available on the internet, but we can offer guidance, a smooth process and a friendly non-judgemental approach from specialists accreditated with the Law Society.

Our Divorce Packages

  1. Consultation Package

We offer a 45 minute consultation where we can offer you advice and guidance from an accredited Solicitor for £100.00 plus vat.  

       2. Our basic package

For an additonal £80.00 plus vat, we will provide you with all the Court documentation you require to complete your own divorce and offer a further 15 minute appointment explaining how to complete the forms.  This excludes the Court fee.

       3. Premium Package

We will take your instructions, complete the forms for you. File the documents at court and complete the application to the Decree Nisi and Decree Absolute. £595.00 plus Vat and excluding Court fees (for a Petitioner) and £400.00 if you are the Respondent.

For any work over and above our fixed fee we charge £180.00 per hour plus Vat for a Solicitor.

Grounds for Divorce

1) Adultery (does not apply to civil partnerships)

If your husband or wife has engaged in a physical relationship with someone else of the opposite sex, and you can no longer tolerate living with them.

You cannot rely on adultery as grounds for divorce if you lived with your husband or wife for 6 months following the adultery.

2) Unreasonable Behaviour

If your spouse behaved in such a way that you can no longer tolerate them and as a result your marriage (or civil partnership) has irretrievably broken down. This could include:

  • physical violence
  • verbal abuse, eg insults or threats
  • drunkenness or drug-taking
  • refusing to pay for housekeeping


3) Desertion

If your spouse has left you:

    • without your agreement
    • without a good reason
    • to end your relationship
    • for more than 2 years in the past 2½ years

You can still claim desertion if you have lived together for up to a total of 6 months during this period.

4) You have lived apart for more than 2 years

You can get a divorce if you’ve lived apart for more than 2 years and both agree to the divorce. Note that your spouse must agree in writing.

5) You have lived apart for more than 5 years

Living apart for more than 5 years is usually sufficient to obtain a divorce, even if your spouse does not consent to the divorce.


  • Newbolds are here to help and advise you, not to judge you, we are sympathetic to your indiviudal needs and we hope that one of the above packages can help you settle a difficult time in your life.  If you would like to call our family team please contact 01633 874715 or 01446 700693 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .  We are here to take your call.